Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Thrift Store Finds Repurposed and Reused in Home Decor

 
                 Thrift Store Finds With Vintage, and Home Decor
                 



                   Front and Back View of Brown Beaded Jeweled Watch





                          Black Iron Scroll Knick Knack Stand

                    Thrift Store Finds Used For Bathroom Home Decor



                           Black Scroll Knick Knack Stand Has New Use


Thrift Store Finds Repurposed and Reused in Home Decor is so much fun!

Above you will see more pictures from another time of thrift shop finds that I brought home. I love having them old wood hangers, and some day I will show you what I do with them as I am collecting for an idea right now. I bought the black scroll stand thinking I could use it in our downstairs bathroom that is small. I was hesitant, but wanted to try it. I could have left it there with rolls of toilet paper in it against the wall. It would have worked, but I was just not comfortable or sold on the idea yet. I kept thinking this would work better in the upstairs bathroom that was remodeled, but I already have a new built in cupboard for storage.

I then was looking at the other finds I had brought home with the gold filigree mirrored tray, the aqua bottle, the votive candle holders that also showed aqua coloring, and it came together for me. So, now on the toilet tank I have put the mirrored tray, the bottle, the votive holders . . . which do have tea lite candles in them with blue wicks! I then added couple rolls of toilet paper, and this feels more comfortable for this bathroom. Blends more with the wood in there, the counter top, and the shower curtain which is next to the stool also. 

Now, what to do with the black scroll stand. I took it from the bathroom, and put it against the wall in our office/computer room which has a digital clock above it. As I sat at the desk working on the computer I would glance over at the stand. Then, I thought maybe it could work. So, I put something solid on the second shelf so that the slots above I could use for mail as you see pictured. Couple of shelves below this I then put 2 small boxes of the small envelopes there, and right below that shelf I put another small box of small envelopes. Yes, this stand will help me to organize some of the smaller things, and put them at reach for me too. 

Aren't Thrift Shops, and Second Hand stores a blast?! If you like creating for your shops online, or even to treat yourself with working for your home decor, it all works when you go thrifting. Sometimes I have done some junking, and found some really sweet things to use too. 

It's Wednesday, and wishing you all a Happy Hump Day! Mid week, and it is about time for yard sales and other sales to happen for the end of the week. I am ready, are you?:)

Thanks for visiting with Thrifty Shop Girl today, and hope to see ya'll again soon. Happy Thrifting my friends, and have fun searching for all the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment