Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thrifty Store Shopping Completed at Missions Store

Thrifty Store Shopping Completed at Missions Store, yes! Hmmm.....it felt good!

Hello, and Welcome to Thrifty Shop Girl. Glad to have you stopping by. I finally did it! Has been a long time now....well, rather it has been a long time since I found anything to add to my inventory I should say. I was out of town yesterday, and had it in mind I wanted to stop by 2-3 different places I like to frequent when doing some thrifting. 

I didn't make it to all 3 of them, but did get to spend time at one of the places. This place called Missions is a place where donations are made, and that money is used to help others, and what they do. I have donated here myself too:) Anyway, a very good friend of mine Mary from MaryLouLavender*s at ebay is the one who made me aware of this store, and to check it out some time. She is another junking buddy of mine, and we share some of the same interests in what we do. She offers her wares at Ebay for sale. Stop by to give her a look. Never know, might find something you are in need of too. 

Ok, back to my thrifting. I enjoy shopping here because when I find things I usually walk out with some descent deals. Yesterday I walked out with 2 big white envelope boxes, and 2 bags full of items for about $10. Not bad, huh? Most of it was glassware as it is smaller, and easier for me to work with other pieces that I have at home for repurposing, and upcycling with. I found 5 glass candle holders that still had their original tags on them! I found an adorable wood vent that really looks like a small shutter....I just love shutters to recreate with. I found 2 green glass terra like pots that also had their original tags on them, a pink silky doilie hanky type piece, a white doilie, a jar with the doilies on top of it and some potpourri - I mostly wanted the doilie from this:) Oh, yeah, I love using planners for things whether it is making notes of things to do, shopping lists, keeping addresses and information in them, and etc. I found a black leather Kenneth Cole planner that looks almost like new yet. Such a soft leather, and for the price....no way I could pass this up either. I found a Home Interiors & Gifts glass candle holder. This one is a bit bigger, round, and short with the open center to use for possibilities. I have used a piece like this before to repurpose with a plate, and was happy to find this one. I have just the vintage plate to add it with. How neat, 2 vintage pieces repurposed together to make another treasure to adorn the home with. 

Silly Me....here are the pictures I took quick for this occasion. 1 picture shows all things together, and the other 2 pictures I zoomed in for a bit closer look of the items found.


Sorry, I wasn't thinking and had left the date turned on with my camera. The green/aqua wire like thing in the background had ice tray rack written on it...course I see another possibility with this. The pink rose vase looks like new, adorable lil handles, and could also be used as a utensil holder too. And, love that very light blue planter vase too! Such a soft color, beautiful glazed shine, and it also looks like new too! I was happy with the few pieces I found, and wanted to go to a couple of other stores, but did not make it. Hmm...maybe next week? Will see what the days bring to me.

Thanks so much for sharing time at Thrifty Shop Girl! Hope you enjoyed, and remember you are always welcome to share/comment with all of us here too. Take care, and come back to visit again soon. See ya!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment