Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thrifty Shop Girl Thrifty Garage Sale Finds

Thrifty Shop Girl Thrifty Garage Sale Finds.

Welcome back Thrifters, and Garage Sale Hunters! Glad to see you visiting again with Thrifty Shop Girl. Well, it has been a week, and I have been to another tag garage sale again this morning. This is a small area I live in, and doing these tag sale type things is new to the area. Honestly, just feels like another garage sale when they do it. I wanted to go this morning because the estate this belonged to was the couple that use to own the baker in town....for many many years. Sadly, I was expecting more when I got there, and of course some of the prices these ladies that do this stuff are putting on things...well, I was just expecting different I guess. 

I did get 3 bundles of about 5 a piece of some old wooden hangers. The top that has the wired hanging hook, and then the wooden clip/closure on the bottom. I got me some ideas, and possibilities. But, anyway.....getting ahead of myself here now. I need to show pics from what I got last week, and some of those fun things. So, let me get that all rounded up for ya'll to see. 

 As you can see I did not get a whole lot of things. There really was not all that much there I seemed to be interested in, or the prices were marked where I did not like them too. But, anyway, you can see the vintage kitchen scale I got, bag of pink flowers that is pretty much the top of them with their stems being cut off, a vintage coffee teapot, big wooden paper clip, a white doilie, and a decorative pink hankie doilie type thing too. Just enough I was comfortable with. 

The scale does work. I just need to check on how accurate for sure. The wooden clothes pin I am thinking of painting, and adding some fabric, or maybe some scrapbook paper to it...decorate it up a bit. The coffee teapot is in very good clean condition. Looks almost like new with really no use to it. I have little vases, or jars that could use a single, or maybe a couple of them pink roses in them. The white doilie I think I will add to a cheese holder, or a cloche that I have upcycled by painting the wooden like base pink. As for the decorative hankie....that might just go over another one of my lamp shades in the home too. I like doing that:)

Well, that was it for last week. I'll get pictured the few things I got this morning. I don't want to show quite yet cuz I might be stopping by a sale that is starting this afternoon. Can't get there till about an hour after it starts, but I am not looking for small things either. I have a glass piece in mind to put with others I have here, but....we will see what happens. Wish me luck everyone. Happy Thrifting, and see you again real soon. Thanks for visiting with Thrifty Shop Girl! Toodles........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment