Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thrifting and Thrift Store Shopping


Thrifting and Thrift Store Shopping

Today was a beautiful day here! The sun was shining, and it got a bit warm again here too. When I got home I actually had to turn the a/c back on because the house felt stuffy, dampish, humid. Otherwise today was a pretty good day here. 

I was gone most of the day today doing errands, paying bills, and in there some where I fit in one of my stops with a Thrift Shop too. I was gonna go back to St Vincent DePauls where I found some good deals last week. Before I knew it I had turned the corner another way, and thought maybe I should go to the Gospel Mission Thrift Shop today. I wasn't really looking for a whole lot, but I did find some things to play around with at home, and to upcycle repurpose with too.  I almost forgot to show you, but here are the pictures below of all that I got today.






 
What fun I will be having with some of these things too! One of the plates will be adding to a base of a cake cupcake plate I am putting together. I LOVE the rose designed plate, and it was well taken care of too. It had the hanger on it, and the hooks on the hanger had plastic protectors on it to not damage the plate. The 2 borders will be used for pictures instead of using actual frames, and some of the card stock paper packages will be used for making backgrounds to some of the pictures. Those napkins are like new! 4 of them, had their creases, and that feel of being new too. I adore the small bowl that has designs of flowers, and butterflies around the rim. This piece looks to be new too. Some of the other items will just be there till I figure out for sure how to use them, where to use them, and what I will definitely do with them. Never hurts to have a few extra things on hand for when the crafting mood hits, right?

I sometimes wish I knew of more stores to frequent, and I am sure they are out there with the areas I travel to. Until then I will keep shopping with the ones I know the prices are good, and I can generally find something of use with them. 

Thanks for sharing your time with Thrifty Shop Girl, and hope you enjoyed the visit. Happy to see you all again soon. Till then Happy Thrifting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment