Monday, September 16, 2013

Some Thrift Stores and Good Wills Charge Too Much Don't You Think


Some Thrift Stores Charge too Much, What Do You Think?

Many of like to go thrifting, and have some favorite thrift stores that we like to frequent too. As you frequent some of the Thrift Stores, have you noticed that some of their prices have become a little spendy? Have you found some prices that were a little bit less than a thrifty price? 

Some of the local Good Wills still have some respectable prices, but that is not the case with all of them either. I myself have found a couple of Good Wills that have gotten a little bit spendy with their prices, and therefore I no longer buy from them either. 

It gets to be a bit bother some when you see prices for some of the clothes at these thrift stores being priced higher than what they would be with like Walmart, or maybe Target too. Don't take me wrong, if you dig enough, look around enough, and keep on searching you can find some good deals with some things. What I have also found disturbing is some of the prices for items of interest are being priced as what they find them to be selling for on Ebay. Reason I have mentioned this is when I found a couple of items of interest I asked the clerks how they came up with their prices for such things. They told me that is due to what they sell for on Ebay. 

I am sorry, and I know it is mean/terrible of me to do, but that answer of using Ebay for prices made me chuckle when I heard it. I asked the ladies if they were an auction house, accepting bids on such items, and etc. They said no of course. I reminded them that ALL items were donated to them, and that the prices they choose were not reliable from Ebay because things always sell for a different price, and it was according to a person's want at the time. I asked them if they had any collectors books that they had to verify what they were selling, and had any ideas of what they were actually selling. Of course I was told No with that too. 

I am sorry, but I thought Thrift Stores were thrift stores that people went to in order to buy things for their homes, for crafting with, for repurposing. Some of those with a lower income rely on some of these stores in order for them to clothe their children to be acceptable with schools, with society, and etc. Also, when things are given to them, or as mentioned donated to them that is one big expense that they do not have is buying their inventory to sell. 

There is a good little article about this particular subject written with ecommercebytes. Give it a click, and stop on by to read it. Interesting, and a few thoughts/comments are left by some as well. 

So, what about you? Have you seen some kind of trend with over pricing in some of your local thrift stores, or maybe with the Good Wills? Do you think it is certain kinds of items they are doing it with?

Thanks so much for sharing your time with Thrifty Shop Girl, and welcome you all to come back again for a visit. Take care, have fun hunting for those special treasures everyone! Till the next time, Toodles . . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment