Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thrift Shop Finds For Tuesday






Thrift Shop Finds For Tuesday

WooHoo! Today was a descent day for me to thrift. I only made it to one shop, but that was enough for me to visit with today. I really had no idea of what I would be looking for, what I would be interested, brought no notes with me, but sometimes it is for the best to do it this way too. After all we are thrifting, right?

A place I hadn't visited for a while called St Vincent DePaul was the store on my list to visit today. When I walked in the store I could tell I had not been there for a while. It was rearranged, a lot more organized, could pretty much see where things were everywhere, and of course as always their prices are pretty good too. I got in the store, did a slight walk around to familiarize myself with where things were, and then decided on starting by the craft items into the glassware. I slowly walked through, picked some things up to look, went through some things, and slowly walked around. 

It's a habit of mine because it never fails I miss something the first time, or after thinking about it I know I do want it. So, back around the store I went again. This time I picked up some heavier metal bronzed like candle holders to use as stands for some cake plate stands, or even as candy bowl stands too. I found a wooden bar with round knob ends that could come in handy with something I craft, so I put it into the cart - and forgot to picture it. I found a little clear medicine like jar that had some discolored white beads/pearls shoved into it with some light brown burlap string wrapped around the neck. It also has a silver like key hanging from it. On one side of the bottle was placed a pink flower design.  Almost forgot, but I found a vintage little postal scale that dates back to the late 80s I think...have to research it a bit more.

Lastly, I was walking by the curtains, and table cloths and remembered it would be nice to find 2 matching drapes for in the dining room. If I would find something for the door I would be even more pleased. Finding 2 matching drapes that I approve of has been a chore in itself. As soon as I got to the rack I spotted a pattern that I knew. They are insulted room darkening curtains from JCPennys. They have an off white background with a tannish/light brown coloring, and some dusty pink/mauve colored flowers along with country blue flowers too. Not too flowery, but just enough. I knew this pattern from some valances I had found a few years ago that I had used in our old home we had. 

When I got to the rack I found on one hanger, all together, 2 drapes, 2 valances, and 2 tie backs....all matching in pattern! The drapes are generally about $5-$6 a piece, and the valances are like $3? a piece. Are you adding this all? Well, the whole hanger had one tag on it, and was written what was on it together. I got ALL of it for $6! Then, next to these racks were a couple of shelf units. One had curtain hooks, shower curtain hooks, and things like that. I grabbed some hooks for the drapes, and then I also noticed a clear zipped bag with something in it. Pulled it out, and recognized the design as well. They were 2 sheer drapes that had the same design as the other curtains I found on the hook! So, I got all my curtains today for a total of $8. 

I didn't get much, had fun, and got some pretty good bargains today too. See all the pictures above showing the few things I got.

Thanks for visiting with Thrifty Shop Girl, and hope to see you again soon. Take care, and Happy Thrifting Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment